About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Villanova Game Good Fix For Basketball Addict

OK, so you usually count on one or more stories from me, starting at midnight. Not today. I was at the Fed Ed trial, and while there, a prestigious local attorney invited me to join him for Villanova Men's Basketball at Wells Fargo Center. He only had to ask once.

While waiting for districts to begin, I've been suffering from basketball withdrawal, so this was the perfect fix.

Instead of starting the seniors, which is what most high schools do, Wildcats Coach Jay Wright worked them in the closing two minutes.

What was really nice for these guys is that two of them managed to sink threes.

My only regret is that my grandson was unable to be there.

Schoolwork. He'll be pretty busy himself, starting Monday.

By the way, Villanova's starting line-up is back.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get your act together and get back on the stick Thursday night.

Anonymous said...

College prices as bad as the pros!

Anonymous said...

Why was there no story and gloating after their loss Friday night to Becahi?

Bernie O'Hare said...

9:14, I write stories about Central's games mostly when I see no other coverage, and even began including box scores as he season came to an end. I wrote about Central's two previous losses. I did not write about the loss to Becahi bc the game was covered by both newspapers and was televised. And I think you got your verbs mixed up. I would not be "gloating" after a loss. There are other verbs you could have used to insult me, but your vocabulary is obviously limited.

Area resident said...

Jay Wright and the cats are everything you want to see in college athletics. What a wonderful program. Glad you got to see it up close.

Bernie O'Hare said...

It was great to see, especially at Wells Fargo Center. I saw them earlier this season in an exhibition game against Lafayette or Lehigh at our own arena. I think ACCHS tries to emulate the Wildcats. I love the balanced scoring and tight defense.

Anonymous said...

@3:28

Against Lafayette or Lehigh? You can’t remember which school it was? Dementia?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I've been demented for years. You should know that from reading this blog. The reason for my confusion is that both the Villanova men and women teams played, and one faced Lehigh while the other took on Lafayette. I believe the men played Lafayette.