About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Queen of the Courtroom

Hope that's not a burner phone. 
From both news accounts and riveting tweets by Emily Opilo and Jamie Stover ,most of us know that Allentown Mayor (for now) Edwin "Fed Ed" Pawlowski fared poorly yesterday when he was cross-examined in his trial for political corruption.he was caught in sever allies and improbable statements. His  "I wasn't correctly telling the truth" is sure to join the lexicon of statements to be avoided at any trial. It also goes a long way to sealing his fate. But I want to tell another story about that case during a happier time for Fed Ed and his family, when he was under direct examination by his own lawyer.

I was in the courtroom that day, and got the last available seat in a corner of the courtroom. I didn't mind.The acoustics are pretty god and I could hear everything and see most of it. Fed Ed's wife Lisa, along with her mother, had a front row seat. This is as it should be for any family member. What surprised me was what happened during a break.

Lady MacBeth, as I like to call her, came to the rear of the courtroom where I was sitting, and proceeded to open a closet door while pretending she was sorry to make me move. "I don't want you to accuse me of snarling at you like you did the first time we met, " she said.

"I have never written a word about you that is untrue," I answered her.

Then, while her husband is on trial for political corruption, she began to argue with me, but with a smile.

"You should consider yourself lucky that you're not facing charges yourself," I told her.

"Well, I never," she huffed, but with a smile. I believe she also told me to have a nice day as she pranced back to her pew in the front.

Hubris.

Just a few months before the federal raid at her home, Lisa Pawlowski told Facebook readers that I get "paid every time someone opens his blog. So every click is a win for him. Controversy means more money for him. So folks, if you support your mayor, don't ever read Bernie's blog. Make a statement by cutting into his income."

Lisa must think I'm as money hungry as she and her husband. I don't make a dime blogging. Some of us really do believe in public service.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was her pal Joyce Marin with her. She is in the Pawlowski camp.

Anonymous said...

With any luck, Ed will be going to the Federal prison at Marion, Illinois. It's medium/low security and Lisa can go back home with him.

Then they'll be out of town for good, and we can move on

Anonymous said...

In the movie "Allentown Pay it Forward...Vendors Under Siege", contending actors include Dennis Frantz and Sharon Osborne.

Anonymous said...

Ed and Lisa aren’t only the smartest people in the room, they’re the most charming.
Theses are gifted individuals.

Anonymous said...

She can't wait to get out to the bar scene after her hubby gets toted away to federal prison. Poor old Ed will be yelling "I did nothing wrong" while his wife is traveling the circuit.

The Moody Bible Institute will be proud of these two attendees. The only thing I feel sorry for is the kids who wound up with sleeze bag parents driven by greed, power and arrogance.

Woman in The Know said...

Napoleon as I called him Oct 2008 Mcall and you may Quote me Scot Krause "Ed is Napoleon he wants more power" he then ran for governor and senate proving I was right but now alas Napoleon has met his Waterloo their Waterloo their poor kids . He fired 10 plus personnel for not getting my proprietary info on the Oldest Halloween Parade in America which intellectual rights I own. Ed has 2 bad wrists and one lung and will become a Lady Josephine in fed lock up. Lisa I pray for all of you but moody evidently didn't teach you "Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's" Matt. 22:21 God Speed Lisa

Woman in The Know said...

correct year was 2006

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Canary_In_Coalmine said...

"I wasn't correctly telling the truth"
-Ed Pawlowski

"I seen my opportunities and I took 'em"
-George Washington Plunkitt

Anonymous said...

Suez only a Sunday school teacher on sundayz!

Anonymous said...

Think about this, Pawlousky just won an election in democratic Allentown by a large percentage even though everyone knew he was under indictment. Do you really believe you are going to find 12 jurors from Allentown who will find him guilty of anything. I think not. He will walk, He knows his constituents. He knew he would prevail all along.

Anonymous said...

11:43: The jury is from Philadelphia.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/allentown/fbi/mc-nws-allentown-ed-pawlowski-trial-jury-selection-to-start-20180111-story.html

Anonymous said...

I believe the article explained the final jury would include persons from as many as 9 different counties.

Sounds like there will NO problem for all to agree Pawlowski lied to the FBI. I think each count will be considered separately. In other words, he can be convicted on just ONE count, or small other small number of accounts. This isn't an "all or nothing" to convict decision. Someone with more knowledge of this, please correct me for accuracy here.

Anonymous said...

The prosecution close was devistating!!!!

Anonymous said...

What's up with these old ladies and that dark red purple hair coloring? It's already cliche.

Anonymous said...

Anon@12:39 You are correct that all he has to be is convicted of one count of the 54 he is charged with. All 54 counts are felonies. If he is convicted of one, he is removed as Mayor. Best thing that could happen to Allentown! His mob lawyer is even touting the NIZ as one of Fed-Ed's accomplishments. So far from the truth as it was Pat Browne who achieved it.

Peter j.cochran said...

Bernie , I think he walks.

Anonymous said...

The Mayor will be the prison pastor. Maybe he will connect with one of the Trump folks that are going to jail.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the new justice, the guilty go free and the Innocent are used as political pawns.

Anonymous said...

Bernie, the new old democratic consultant showed on the seen today! Will McMann allow him on the dream team?

Anonymous said...

Curious? Was she taking a picture of you, Bernie, as you were taking a picture of her? awkward?

Bernie O'Hare said...

No, That's from her Facebook page.