About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, January 22, 2018

Eagles' Underdawgs Going to Superbowl!!



I told you in November that I was boycotting the Philadelphia Eagles this year. My decision had nothing to do with the National Anthem. I was staying away because I was a jinx. If I watched them or even listened to Merrill Reese on the radio, they'd lose. But when I stayed away and only paid attention to tweets, they tended to win. It killed me, but it paid off. The Eagles are going to the Superbowl for the first time since 2004.

Since Carson Wenz was injured, oddsmakers predicted the Eagles would lose to Atlanta and Minnesota. Instead of whining about it, the Eagles embraced their underdog status, which only made them look better to Philly fans. They know what it's like to be underdogs.

Guess what? The Eagles are underdogs for the third time in this year's playoffs, this time against the Patriots.

Good.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

....and Ed is going to the Federal Court House.

Anonymous said...

As a life long Steeler fan I only wish them success. I long for a Super Bowl between these two teams.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Love the Steelers. My second favorite team.

Anonymous said...

Fly Eagles Fly!

PippySqueek said...

So does this mean on Super Bowl Sunday we are all chipping in and sending you on a nice vacation, to say Bora Bora, or some other island that has no cable? :)

Bernie O'Hare said...

No need tobribe me. I've already been threatened, and by nuns.

Chris Casey said...

I believe the Eagles can beat the Bradys. I think they are much more physical, a little bit faster at the skill positions, and I believe they are also just as disciplined. If the Jags had been better disciplined they could have beaten the Bradys. I guarantee you that if the Eagles get ahead by two scores they will not play it safe, they will go for the jugular.

Anonymous said...

- an offered "palliative"

Anonymous said...

The Patriots are notorious cheaters who've only been stopped by the Giants, when it counted. They are probably already bugging the Eagles locker room or taping their practices. Patriots 24 Eagles 10.