About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Blogger Matt Dees' Niece is Las Vegas Mass Shooting Survivor

How would you react if you were caught up in the worst mass shooting in US History, the one that left 59 dead and over 500 wounded in Las Vegas? I have heard numerous tales of heroism during those terrifying moments. Not me. At the first sound of gunfire, I'd say, "Feet! Start walking!"

Matt Dees is a West Easton Borough Council member who publishes an informative and entertaining blog about his tiny borough called, appropriately enough, West Easton, Pa. He published a story abut his niece Amanda, who was among those targeted.

She was saved by a cab.

Others were far less fortunate. Bar Johnston, a local political activist, lost her older sister.

I am so sorry, Bar.

We are such an evil species, it seems.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I understand why Bar was grieving on her Facebook page. How horribly sad.

Matthew Dees said...

Bar,
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
Sincerely.
Matthew Dees

Canary_In_Coalmine said...

Condolences to the affected.

Sometimes the Onion's take is poignant:

http://www.theonion.com/article/americans-hopeful-will-be-last-mass-shooting-they--57093

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/shooting-isnt-about-gun-control-we-refuse-pass-its-57095