About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, April 01, 2011

TiSP! Google's Free Wireless Broadband Service

I've been using a $40 per month Virgin Mobile plan for Internet access, but it's been a nightmare. First, there have been constant Internet interruptions, in which I've been unable to access the web for hours, and sometimes days, at a time. Second, the "unlimited" use has been restricted to 5 GB. Third, they are taking my money for service they don't provide, and are completely unresponsive when I call to complain.

All these problems will be flushed down the toilet in a few days when I get Google's TiSP (Beta). I've just ordered their free in-home wireless broadband service. I attach a sinker to the loose end of a fiber optic cable provided by Google, drop it into the toilet bowl and flush. In seconds, it will connect to thousands of access nodes in Nazareth's municipal sewage system. Then I connect the cable to a weighted router on top of the tank and I'm in business.

I know this might strike some of you as gross, but free is free.

According to google, you must have an operating toilet and municipal sewer to use this system. An outhouse, or individual septic system will not work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a call from the Lehigh Valley Zoo; a Mr. Lyon is wanting to talk to you

Bill said...

How is your internet flow going? Please, not too much detail!

Anonymous said...

Thays funny

Bernie O'Hare said...

Heh heh. April Fool.

I actually fell for this, and a secretary in the office where I was describing this system looked it up and told me I've been punked.

Google has a good sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

I'm calling my tobacco store to ask if they have Prince Albert in a can. Then, I'm calling a shoe store to as if they have black loafers. Then, I'm calling you to ask if your refrigerator is running.