About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, April 14, 2011

O'Hare v. Owens, Monday Night

A few months ago, on Business Matters WFMZ-69, I slapped Express Times Editor-in-Chief Joe Owens silly. At least for a few minutes. But then newsman Owens got really dirty and hit me with the kryptonite of bottom-feeding bloggers everywhere - facts. I was putty in his hands after that.

That will change Monday night, 7 PM, when Owens goes after me and a host of other bloggers in our element on LehighValleyLive, where we can site nonexistent studies and reports with reckless abandon.

Actually, I suspect it will be a wild conversation, especially if we start talking politics.

I'll be wearing a cup.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't have to wear a cup
you have no balls.

Alyssa Young said...

Ohhhh, boy. As the moderator, I might need to wear body armor.

Anonymous said...

ob - ur saving grace is that u r semi amusing - that was not meant to be a compliment

Anonymous said...

why don't you ever comment on the slugs that are on bethlehem council. except for gordy mower the rst are useless. your thoughts?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I have commented often on Bethlehem Council members.

I have already said I admire Bob Donchez very much bc of his honesty and decency. He looks for the good in others. Maybe he should ask harder questions, but it is not in his nature.

I admire David DiGiacinto. He is smart, focused on finance and unwilling to accept the business as usual that has gone on.

Mr. Mowrer & Ms. Belinski will be departing at the end of their terms, and I unfortunately did not see much of them in previous years, but I know that Mowrer was another voice of decency and Belinski was a watchdog.

Eric Evans seems very capable, very studious and focused on finance.

Karen Dolan drives me nuts during meetings, but when I go home and review what she has had to say, I usually find myself in agreement with her.

When I don't Karen comes on this blog herself and sets me straight. That's dangerous for her, but is a sign of transparency and openness on her part, and I like that about her.

J Willie Reynolds has been too much of a cheerleader for Callahan. After a disturbing independent audit, he spent most of his time trying to pretend everything is just fine. He refused to go along w/ a tax hike for a new EMS Center bc Callahan wanted no tax hike.

Of all of them, I'd say that Mr. Reynolds should reevaluate why he is there and whether he understands that he has a role as a check and balance.

I'd caution everyone that I am not there for most meetings. But the only one about whom I have any question is Reynolds, and I am certainly willing to hear him explain why he is independent. So I am undecided about Willie, but actually would support the rest.