About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dent, Toomey To Host Service Academy Day

If you're the parent of a high school student, especially a junior, you might want to visit Parkland High School (2700 North Cedar Crest Boulevard, Allentown, PA) on Saturday, April 30, at 10 AM. LV Congressman Charlie Dent and U.S. Senator Pat Toomey will host representatives from West Point, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Coast Guard Academy and Merchant Marine Academy. Competition for Congressional appointments to these fully funded schools is stiff.

An application for a Congressional appointment is located here.

US Service Academy Information Day Flyer (1)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bernie:

This is Chuck from the Courthouse. I would love to talk to you about this and get some knowledge from you. My son wants to attend West Point badly. He's currently in 9th grade.

I don't think I can make the Council meeting this Thursday since my nephew is in a choral concert that night as well.

Maybe i'll try and hunt you down when i'm at the main building.

Thanks

Bernie O'Hare said...

I think it's a wonderful opportunity. It's in his Junior year that he'll have to get serious, but he should go and meet these people. I'll be in the law library next week.