About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Molovinsky's False Accusations

About two weeks ago, South Whitehall Township blogger Michael Molovinsky insinuated that I was posting comments on this blog as someone who calls himself "BillC."
"bilc, your comments concerning bernie, angle and gracedale are almost quotes, beyond paraphrases, of things bernie himself has written. you must be quite the loyal reader. fortunately, you agree with bernie, and therefore are not an anonymous coward in his eye." >
BillC is Bill Coker, an opinionated old fart from Nazareth, just like me. I've written about Bill. Fortunately for me, Bill later came on this blog to acknowledge that he had, indeed, written those comments. Molovinsky had to eat crow. "bernie, i will own and apologize for the insinuation that you were bilc."

I do not post anonymously or under assumed names.

Now Molovinsky is at it again. This morning he posted a blog calling Ron Angle a bully, and someone took him to task, anonymously, at 6:24 AM:
"Again, you are pontificating on something you have no clue about. If you had gone to the meeting or properly read a newspaper account, you would have seen that this is evident. Your venom for O'Hare is evident. Your petty squabbles and hurt feelings paint you as you are: feebleminded."

Once again, Molovinsky claims that I am the author of an anonymous comment. There's this, "now go to sleep bernie, there's more meetings tonight." followed by this, "in comment number 1, at 6:24 am, (bernie) implies that this post is based on a petty squabble."

I was writing until well after 4 AM, and was actually sleeping at the time that Molovinsky claims I posted a comment on his blog anonymously. Contrary to popular opinion, I do sleep from time to time. But it is impossible to prove a negative.

OK, so what's the big deal? Why a post about this petty nonsense?

I am an alcoholic. It cost me a good income and a license to practice law. But I lost something far more valuable than money. Alcoholism strips you of whatever you hold most dear. In my case, it was my integrity. In some people's eyes, I'll never get it back. I must live with that.

One thing I have tried to do since those dark days is to be honest. So more than others, I won't post anonymously or under assumed names. I feel tempted from time to time, but won't do it. Molovinsky knows this because I told him. He knows how I feel about this topic because I told him that, too. Yet today, just days after being proven wrong about one accusation and knowing how strongly how I feel, he makes it again.

I am going to resist the temptation to bash Molovinsky. I am fully aware that, in the eyes of many people, I am wasting my time. But for those of you who believe in second chances, it is important to me that you know I will never post anonymously or under an assumed name.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do believe in second chances , i realize it's not a perfect world and while i often disagree with you !!! i have always admired your honesty no matter how brutal you can be at times ..... i don't particulary like your name calling at times but i have to admit you never hid from your past and many run from it ... so for that you get a major thumbs up .

Anonymous said...

You're really being petty toward Molivinsky, maybe you and your fellow Ayatollah, Ron Angle should take a lon g vacation together.

Anonymous said...

Wow, listen to the chorus of violins.

What a victim you are.

Anonymous said...

Blogospheric bitch fight.

Anonymous said...

*WOOT* Who has the dramacorn???

Anonymous said...

Bernie, for once I agree with you
everyone does deserve a second chance. But you sure are not doing a good job of it running people down, name calling,you do this and call it ok but when someone else does the same thing it is no good. Bernie I believe you could be a nice guy why don't you try ?
You know you can draw more bees with honey than vinegar.

Bill said...

Same boat, same view on Integrity. One of the benefits of recovery has been the understanding that it is the one thing I now have that no one can take away. Some people live their whole lives without understanding that life lesson.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I am not trying to be a nice guy or anyone's pal. The purpose of this post is to simply state I don't post anonymously or under assumed names. Molovinsky knows how strongly I feel on that point, has just been proven wrong with an accusation 1 days ago, and makes the accusation anyway. He's entitled to be as jealous as he wants and to sneer at me for attending meetings or taking the time to actually look at records, but he's not entitled to lie. I have lost all respect for him.

Anonymous said...

When are you going to remove M&Ms blog from your scrollbar?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Done.

Lee said...

Robert Donchez Pres. of city council

http://www.bobdonchez.com/EcDevpmnt.html

Achievements-Eco. Develo.

Public Record Within Issues of Economic Development

"Supported the construction of the new office building at 1 East Broad Street"

Follow the bread crumb trail!!!

Bernie O'Hare said...

I will, and I will be posting Bob's candidacy tomorrow.