About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, December 03, 2009

LVR to Miss Obama, On Injured Reserve

I was very happy about things were going with Obama's visit, scheduled for tomorrow. Not only did I get a press pass, but I lucked into a ticket as well. I intended to take my ten-year old grandson, an honest-to-goodness Obamaphile, to see the President. But late this afternoon, I wrenched my lower back, something that happens to me periodically. So instead of seeing Obama, I'll be souped up on Diazepam for the next few days and my grandson will spend Friday in school. On the bright side, I'll be in a great mood.

I've sent my regrets to Press Lead Aimee Dewing, who was kind enough to extend credentials for this visit. I apologize to my readers as well.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're laid up Bernie, hope for a quick recovery.

The Banker

Bernie O'Hare said...

I'm too old and too fat. I'd go if I could have three days.

tinkerbell said...

hope u are better soon.

Lighthouse said...

I feel bad for your grandson.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Tinkerbell, I still made your copies :-).

Bernie O'Hare said...

Lighthouse,

If Obama does nothing else, he empowered a lot of people who felt they were left out. My grandson, like Obama, is half black. His election really meant something to him. He braved the cold weather to see Obama get inaugurated, even though he could not really see over the heads of most of the people there. I really lucked out and everything fell into place, but I'll be moving very slowly the next few days. On the bright side, he'll be playing basketball tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're held up. Back pain is impossible. Do you remember when readers said the
Billy Joel song will surely come up today. Well, so far, after a 1 minute glance at the Call, the front page contains at least two
mentions. Since you need to be home today, why not host a contest.
"How many times in one day does this song appear in media."
Prize: Lunch with you.

ironpigpen said...

Um, yeah.

Obama has done nothing except make some people feel more empowered.

So what has Obama feel-good stuff done to the country?

- Out of of control government spending

- Polarized population to say the least

- Obama's TAX BILL has NOT YET arrived, that will be interesting

- We won't even go into ramifications from his joke of a foreign policy

Glad everyone is feeling good and empowered.

How is that Hope and Change working out for YOU?

I thought Obama promised a spirit of bipartisanship and unity?

He has done plenty of trash talking all by himself and there can be no denying that.

Obama is a dangerous fraud.

RASMUSSEN reports
Dec 4, 2009

"46% are somewhat satisfied with Obama's performance"

"54% diapprove"

"28% strongly approve Obama"

"40% strongly disapprove"

ironpigpen said...

PS -

You aren't missing anything O'Boring has babbled about in any other of his 47,329 speeches he has given the past six months.

Anonymous said...

Again, the I-Pig is doing nothing but personal attacks, where is the Ohare promised deletions?