About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, November 13, 2009

Allentown's Scorpion Lady

"She's on TV so much she's going to need an agent."

That's what I overheard from a bank teller yesterday when I was there to kite a few cheeks. She was referring to her sister, 1998 Dieruff grad Monique Munro-Harris. If you see this blog early enough, you can tune in to see her this morning on CBS's Early Show.

While serving with the Air Force in Iraq, Monique was stung ... twice .... by a deadly deathstalker scorpion. A dangerous airlift over enemy territory saved her life. Monique's story has since been featured on Animal Planet and Channel 69.

Her proud sister tells me Monique is now a mom and college student.

1 comment:

Monkey Momma said...

Here I thought this post was going to be about Lady MacBeth? What is kiting a few cheeks, anyways?? :) Happy Friday.