About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, August 24, 2009

A Kinder, Gentler Scott Ott Interview

Last week, during lunch with Lehigh County Exec candidate Scott Ott, he told me a little bit about his campaign. Now just because I was wearing a Don Cunningham wet T-shirt and had "I love Don" signs plastered all over my jeep, there are some among you who feel I was unfair, especially when I suggested there was no way he could win.

Hey, I'm a broadcast journalist, damn it.

Fortunately for you, there's a kinder, gentler and more detailed Scott Ott interview at Ken Petrini's Allentown Fiscal Responsibility Examiner. In Part 1, Ken claims Ott can win if Cunningham is caught in bed with three nuns. In Part 2, he adds they must also be unwilling.

Scott has apparently decided to tell his story himself, and his op-ed was published by The Morning Call yesterday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read his letter. This guy is in over his head, he has a broad overview of a system with a simplistic solution, that is akin to, "lets all just get along".

He needs to have a discussion with someone who really understands the State/County Human Service operations and how that also impacts the non-profits he sees as the solution. That is a very complicated system.

He will get cut to ribbons by Cunningham if he doesn't learn some of the grity insider stuff. Cunningham surprised some folks with his knowledge of Human Services when he ran against Ervin. He is even more experienced today.

Bernie O'Hare said...

The worst thing Cunningham's opponents can do is believe their own propaganda about him being a charming, yet vapid, elected official. He is extremely well-informed, something I've learned through informal discussions. I will try to get the word out from Don as well.

Anonymous said...

The only question about that race is whether Ott will get beaten as badly as Don's last opponent. He certainly knows little about Human Services..

Sanctifying Grace said...

Can someone explain to me the relationship of this cover picture to this story?

~~Alex

Bernie O'Hare said...

Nuns, dude. They're in the story and on a pic. I could not locate any of nuns in bed w/ Cunningham, so this had to do.

Anonymous said...

I agree with 2:53, in 2005 Don seemed to be up on quite a few County issues including Human Services. Given the ins and outs of that crazy system, I was surprised by what he knew since he had never had to deal with it before.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the nun picture. As well as the nuns with guns?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I went to Catholic school.