About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ron Angle And John Stoffa: Opposites Attract


They're nothing like each other. One is tall and lean. The other is short and husky. One is quiet and classy, while the other is loud and brassy. Aside from these physical difference, their politics are miles apart. Stoffa is a liberal Democrat who prances through daisies, chasing butterflies. Angle has several bunkers and is planning to invade Canada.

Despite major differences, these two opposites are great friends who genuinely admire each other and share a passion for good government. At John Stoffa's victory party on Election Night, the Northampton County Bulldog gives another reason.

"A lot of people at this point in your life would say, 'I'm going home and take it easy.' I just think it's a hell of a thing for a guy like you, who could go home and take easy, say 'But I want to serve my county and I want to do what's right."

"You're an inspiration to me, and I don't say that of many people."

They can hug later. Right now, the county really needs both of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

John Wayne Gacy admires Stoffa, who would have figured.

Anonymous said...

I still don't get the attraction. John is not stupid. He has to recognize how shallow Angle is. Either way they'll most likely be dealing with a Dem council, possibly McHale led, who won't put up with Angle's antics. Angle won't accomplish anything, as usual, because he alienates everyone,and if Stoffa doesn't learn to work with Council he'll have another four years with little done.

Anonymous said...

Show us at least 10 accomplishments of Angle, not the pot stirring, but the resolutions, not the law suits, not the grandstanding, he also claims fame to accomplishments of others, but who are satisfied with an accomplishment, not the photo op spread.

Anonymous said...

He hasn't thrown any widows out of their homes recently, does that count?

Anonymous said...

You are so damn biased. You have your head up Angles ass. Whatever he says, whoever he likes, you do.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I like Angle. I like Stoffa. You know where I'm coming from.

Anonymous said...

The Angle/Stoffa Axis of Evil will ensure another four years of no accomplishements. Northampton County continues to slide backwards.