About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

State House Unanimously Honors Grube

The state house unanimously adopted a resolution earlier this month to honor former Northampton County Council member Wayne Grube. He was friend and legislative aide to Rep. Rich Grucela, who introduced the state house document.

Grube passed away on Nov. 11, 2008.

"I am privileged to honor a man today who is widely respected in Northampton County for his dedication to community service and hard work," Grucela said. "Wayne Grube was the first employee hired to work in my district office after I was elected to the House of Representatives in 1998. He spent the last 10 years working as my legislative aide and was a trusted friend, co-worker and confidant for 40 years. I am proud to honor his life with this House resolution."

Grucela added, "A good friend is hard to find, tough to lose and impossible to forget."
Grube was well known for his years as the former football coach at Easton Area and Wilson Area high schools, and for the 19 years he served on Northampton County Council. He was also a veteran of the U.S. Navy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new comment character "KathyD" is really Bernie O'Hare.

So is "The Banker"

"Retired ASD Teacher"

"Politically Neutral"

"Jonah"

and countless "anonymous" (wink wink) commenters.

All are Bernie O'Hare.

You are being duped by a master.

Anonymous said...

I think it's nice that you took a moment to share this tribute to Mr. Grube.

Anonymous said...

Wayne Grube was a good man. He touched a good many lives. However, Wayne Grube despised Bernie O'Hare. He especially despised the way Bernie has made the restrooms in the courthouse his own private lockerroom where he walks around without a towel !

Bernie O'Hare said...

We had a love-hate relationship. I loved him and he hateds me. He periodically would get angry with me, as he did with everyone. he always got over it. I agree with your first sentence.

Now have enough respect for Grube not to use this post as an excuse to trash me. Is that so hard?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I said bad and good about Wayne and he did the same with me. But this post is not about me. It is about Wayne Grube. His memory should not be tarnished by your cheap shots. This attitude explains what is wrong among local Northampton County Dems on county council.

You folks are a disgrace.

Anonymous said...

God Bless Wayne, too bad thid guy is using you even in death.

Anonymous said...

My my Blogmeister. While u are right to honor his memory. What is wrong and has been since 2000 with County Council is your cabal of angle and every other Know nothing around. Wayne must be having a wonderful laugh. To have been ridiculed, mocked, dismissed and disrespected by Angle and his ilk....now memory is not fading. Wayne was decent and did not deserve the treatment engendered by Council since 2000.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Your insistence on turining an homage to Grube into personal attacks against me or Ron is yet another demonstration of what is wrong in Northampton County.

Anonymous said...

Blogmeister: u are just wrong on policy and history. Angle is everything wrong with humanity, spare norco.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I guess you can't just let an homage be just that.