About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Scott Armstrong, French Chef

From time to time, I publish a Scott Armstrong essay here. Unabashedly conservative, his well-written missives are guaranteed to inspire discussion. What I did not know, at least until last night, is that Scott is also a gourmet chef.

Last night, I had dinner with Scott and his fascinating family. Unable to find the home, I called Michael Molovinsky for help and he was kind enough to give me detailed directions. I walked up to the house, knocked on the door, and Ed Pawlowski answered.

Eventually, no thanks to a laughing Molovinsky, I found the right place. Scott's two sons, like their dad, are obviously brilliant conversationalists. They also speak fluent French like their mom. Scott's ravishingly beautiful wife, Sophie, happens to be French. That explains that. She also has a contagious laugh.

Scott prepared the meal, which consisted of a great salad, homemade bread, followed by a crusty tomato tart with herbed cheese. I thought our meal was over, but Scott returned from the kitchen with delicious crabcakes. They were accompanied by Thai noodle and vegetable combination. After that, we picked at assorted French cheeses and an apple tart desert.

I want to thank Scott and his family for the hospitality they showed last night. I also enjoyed the conversation. We solved all the world's problems. His wife and I tried slipping a few liberal pills into Scott's wine when he was out in the kitchen, but they had no effect.

16 comments:

Blah Society said...

Geez... I'm surprised you didn't ask to spend the night!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Yeah, I wonder what breakfast is like. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed in A-town past 9 PM.

Blah Society said...

Good thing for the diner then...

Anonymous said...

Did you at least wear your formal gown and heels?

Bernie O'Hare said...

No, I had lent them to Apples the Clown.

Geoff Brace said...

Scott, we need to compare crab pattie recipies. I have a family recipe that goes back to my great grandfather who used to operate a tent at the allentown fair.

LVCI said...

I thought I saw that on the menu at 'The Brew Works ?

Lately I've been eating crow with lemming sauce with a glass of kool-aid on the side.

Goes down real smooth, but the next day leaves you with an empty feeling.

Anonymous said...

"There are no Democrats or Republicans after 5pm." -- Ronald Reagan. And life would be a whole lot simpler if people just talked.

I'll be Pawlowski had some good polish sausage going on the grille, you missed it!

The Banker

Anonymous said...

It's hard to imagine Armstrong inviting you to be his dinner guest. How did this happen?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Perhaps because the image most people have of Scott is misplaced. We're all on the same side and need to start listening to eeach other.

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

Thanks for the nice review. For the record the dinner invite was my wife’s idea. She wanted to meet “the person” who speaks kindly of me. I would have to rent out a hall to feed my critics.


Scott Armstrong

Anonymous said...

I like Scott because he has all the right enemies.

Anonymous said...

I knew Scott had a charitable side. Good to see he feeds a starving Blogger

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

You forgot to mention that Scott is also a very talented fine artist. His drawings are worthy of hanging in any gallery.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I'm no expert, but those drawings were simply fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Gee,

Even I, fellow conservative and Allentown crusader, have not had a dinner invite to Chez Armstrong!

Though I have had a few beers and some of that great homemade bread a few times while hatching plots to destroy Allentown.

Because, as any Pawlowski sycophant knows, that is our motivation and goal.