About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mayor Ed!

AJ and I attended this morning's packed "community dialogue" about hate at Allentown's Palace Banquet and Conference Center. It was actually a bunch of mini-meetings as subgroups met at different tables to talk about their own experiences. I'll have more about this later.

Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski dropped by, and Erlinda Aguilar excitedly told everyone it's his sixty-fifth birthday today. The whole group dropped its discussion to sing "Happy Birthday" while I snuck outside and siphoned all the gas out of his tank. I had a little accident when I lit one up, but don't think anyone noticed.

Now all I need are two new eyebrows.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bernie w/ that big SUV he drives, I bet you got 20 gallons easy - before the fire that is.

Anonymous said...

Pawlowski is 43

Anonymous said...

Glad that was cleared up - he only seems older.

Anonymous said...

I've met Mayor Ed a couple of times and think he's really glamorous.

Blah Society said...

The event today went well and the next one should be even more productive!

PA Iconoclast said...

It would be just like Erlinda to believe he is 65.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Actually, I injected that 65th birthday wisecrack. Ms. Agular is innocent.

Anonymous said...

Bernie, it amazes me that people can't figure that out for themselves...

Bernie O'Hare said...

Me too. It was intended as light humor, but I got up early this morning so perhaps I failed. At least you got it. AJ, too, but he was there so he doesn't count.

Anonymous said...

Feel free to start every morning off with one of these, my sec'y came in to find out why I was laughing so loud!

PavlovsDog said...

That is one funny commentary/picture. :-)

I had no idea you had it in you Bernie. :-) How is your chest feeling after suckinng in those wonderful fumes.

Anonymous said...

I was there too. 7:00 am is waaay too early for this think tank session, but we all managed. It was comparable to the Vision meetings. We all gave opinions, people wrote them down, they were gathered up to be tallied, and info will be given at next meeting. I made some good contacts, though. Sorry I missed everyone.

Alfonso

Bernie O'Hare said...

Alfonso, I'm sorry I missed you, too. If you saw a dude snoring, that was me.

Anonymous said...

a.j. stop kizzing Bernies arse. It is very easy to think Mayor Ed is 65, since he played the Penguin in "Batman Returns" in 1992.
He looked fairly old in that film so he has got to be one pretty old dude.