About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, April 07, 2008

New Voices in Lehigh Valley's Blogosphere

A number of forceful new blogs - both political and normal - are orbiting the Lehigh Valley blogosphere. Let me give you a run down on a few of them, which I link on my left side bar.

Political

iVotes (Informed Votes) is designed to "try and keep the people of Lehigh County (and Upper Macungie) informed about candidates up for election." Good luck with that! When you're done there, maybe you can straighten us out in Northampton County, too.

LV Voice is a nicely-written blog published by an Allentown student studying the soon-to-be-lost art of journalism. She needs to change her background color ... and her major.

Brickgrrl totally blows me away. She's no newbie, but is instead one of the most accomplished writers I've ever read. Hers is an elegant and crisp writing style, which occasionally waxes poetic. Her brief "Overheard" is literary brilliance, indelibly impressed after one read.

Normal

Chris Miller told me his Committee of Correspondence was going to be primarily a discussion of history, so I figured nonpolitical. Now he's posting blogs asking whether we really need superdelegates and blaming those damn seat belt laws for destroying our civil liberties. (I always thought it was fluoride). I'm afraid Chis actually belongs in the loony bin with the rest of us politicos and will change his settings soon.

Lehigh Valley Lexicon is written by "a real Allentown girl and is dedicated to discussing the Queen City and its arts, culture, dining, nature, history and politics; as well as anything fit to rant about." Although she's usually thrilled by her urban environment, "I find myself occasionally feeling trapped and frustrated. It is NOT at all accidental that this feeling starts to lurk in my mind when I notice hip-hop thugs prowling around in their expensive cars with pitbulls and ridiculously baggy pants."

1 comment:

Bill Villa said...

I like that brickgrrl and you've pegged her perfectly Bernie, she's brilliant.