About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Maria! ... I've Just Met a Girl Named Maria!

You might think Maria Dantos, Lehigh County's First Assistant District Attorney, is some firebrand too biased to be a good judge. You'd think wrong. You see, Maria is also a former public defender who claims, "The most rewarding part of this job has been the service to people who needed me." She'll now have that opportunity as a Lehigh County judge.

Out of eight candidates squabbling over three open spots, Maria was lead vote getter on both Democratic (9,289 votes) and Republican (10,196 votes) ballots. This is the first time in decades that a cross-filed Republican judicial candidate pulled off being Top Dog on both ballots.

Although Maria was an unstoppable candidate with a great work ethic, campaign manager Daphne Uliana should be credited for an outstanding job of coordinating message and grassroots activity for the campaign.

Daphne, who's married to lobbyist Joe Uliana, has mostly stayed in her husband's shadow. But she's starting to branch out into campaign consulting. If she wants to be, she’ll become a major player in Lehigh Valley campaigns.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bernie!

Daphne has always been the one with the better political skills in that relationship. (And knowing Joe like I do, I think he'd be very proud to admit that.)

About time she received some public recognition for her talents.

I am NOT worthy!!!!
Bernie Takes NO Prisoners

Bernie O'Hare said...

BTNP!

That's high praise from a pro like you!

Anonymous said...

actually i met Daphne and her views are down right frightening...she is about as plastic as you can get...all dolled up in fancy clothes and talking about how the dirty liberals are up to all of their tricks...i find her views to be extremely offensive...i for one am proud to be extremely liberal in all of my views and proud to express my view that daphne is a disaster.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anon 11:41,

i for one am proud to be extremely liberal in all of my views and proud to express my view that daphne is a disaster.

Do you realize how silly that is? That sounds so stupid I had to check and make sure I didn't write it myself. If you're so frickin proud to be an extreme liberal, why aren't you identifying yourself? There's a word to describe people who hide behind the shroud of anonymity to attack another person, and it ain't "proud."

Anonymous said...

that person is an offensive, mouth-breathing troll. I know daphne well. she's down to earth, smart, a good mom, and fun to be around. class act.

LVDem said...

Bernie, what's up with all the pop-culture references to day... first casey at the bat now west side story.

You're starting to scare the little children.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I took the wrong day's pills.