About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, February 12, 2007

WinVote System Was Certified Before November's Election

In Northampton County's last election, the electronic touchscreen machines were programmed with WinVote Version 2.0.3. That concerned me, because the only certification I saw was for WinVote 2.0.2, an earlier version.

I have since been informed that Version 2.0.3 was, in fact, tested and certified before November's election. So that answers one question and I don't want to mislead you.

But as I noted last week, "Even if that version was certified, there remain allegations that what we see is not what we got. According to BlackBox Voting, machines with identical appearances have different components 'under the hood.' " There is an unresolved "bait and switch" allegation.

That's an entirely different question. More about that later.

No comments: